Disinfection Procedures?

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Disinfection Procedures?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of volounteer volounteer 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Michael
    Michael
    Participant

Hi, maybe I missed a technical note somewhere – are there recommended disinfection procedures for dLive surfaces?

For example, is a damp, not sopping/dripping Lysol/Clorox wipe AH-approved?

Profile photo of Gordon
    Gordon
    Participant

I’d like to know as well as I’m sure everyone else does.

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

Not sure if it is approved but I use a soft cloth moistend with Isopropyl Alcohol (99% pure) that kills most things, disipates rapidly and leaves no residue.

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@mr-b

And where do you find 99% alcohol these days?

Even 70% is scarce and the price is jacked way up if you can find a tiny bottle of it.

Profile photo of Gordon
    Gordon
    Participant

(0% IPA is NOT effective as a disinfection medium as it evaporates too quickly 70% max is what is recommended by various government agencies. Alcohol can attack plastics and in particular flexible plastics like cables, I also suspect the legend on the consoles as well as the rubbery keys won’t fare well witth continious exposure to alcohol based cleaners. Bleach is also a non starter due to corrosion, so we need some drection from all makers so we don’t screw up our equipment and keep safe.

Profile photo of Gordon
    Gordon
    Participant

99% is the 1st bit of the prev post

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@gordon
    @michael
    @mr-b

Has anyone asked AH directly?

This is a problem for every user they have in the world with the pandemic situation now.

They should be able to tell us if anything is safe and if so what to use and how much.

Has anyone opened a trouble ticket?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.