Disengage all Gates with Single Button?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Disengage all Gates with Single Button?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of MikeShand MikeShand 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JoeyBolufe
    JoeyBolufe
    Participant

Hello, I run a rehearsal studio and sometimes I notice that between songs when the band is just talking to each other, their voices will cut in and out due to the gates that I set up. Usually I go channel by channel and disengage all the gates then re-engage them when they start another song, but it would be so much easier if i could just press one button to shut all the gates for every channel on and off.

Would it be somewhere in the Softkey settings?

Thanks!

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

If you want to close all channels, then a Mute-Group should do the trick. Temporary opening all channels (“removing the gates”) on a single button click does not work (with the current firmware).

Profile photo of BLKGHOST
    BLKGHOST
    Participant

You can try using scenes for that. With recall filters, block everything but CH processing.

Profile photo of dpnh
    dpnh
    Participant

I’m not in front of the desk right now but trying to figure out a combination between ganging channels in combination with Soft Key. Please come back if you get a combination.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

In a studio why not apply the gate in post production?

It would be nice if holding the gate enable button turned the “sel” row into the gate enable button for each channel, a quick look and rapid control.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

” I run a rehearsal studio” – so probably no post production going on in this case.

I guess a “Bypass Group” working a bit like a mute group could be a useful thing. But why stop there? Personally, I’ve always wanted to go one step further & and have a DCA control for the Threshold and /or Range of groups of gates. I once played with a 16 channel gate unit that you could do that with using a midi controller & loved it. Could also work on Compressor Thresholds & maybe Ratios too I would think…

Probably not something for this level of desk though…….

Profile photo of MikeShand
    MikeShand
    Participant

So, ganging as on the GLD.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.