Disconnect sub from main LR

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive general discussions Disconnect sub from main LR

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of dymondaudio dymondaudio 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of BMP
    BMP
    Participant

Hi I hope u guys can help me

Is it possible to disconnect the sub channel from the main LR channels?
    I want to be able to do different EQ and other processing to my sub channel then to main LR.

Also is there a way to link the main LR faders ?

Thank u very much

Profile photo of Mark Oakley
    Mark Oakley
    Participant

Hi BMP:

What exactly do you mean by “disconnecting” the Sub channel from the Main? Are they Ganged together so that adjusting parameters on the Mains also adjusts them on the Sub? Linking Main faders (and selected parameters) can be accomplished by Ganging the Main L & R together.

I’ve posted every iLive document I could find for download here. Also if you wanted to upload and post a link to the .xml show file I could take a look at it.

-Mark

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

If I understand the question correctly, this is where a person will normally use a matrix send. The LR will go to a set of matrix outputs instead of directly to the speakers. So LR might go to two matrix outputs, one for your subs and one for your main speakers. This will give you individual volume, EQ, and processing of the subs and main speakers, but overall volume can be controlled from the LR main fader.

So if you turn up the LR fader by 3db, both the subs and mains will increase a corresponding 3db. But if you just want to turn the subs up 3db, you would go to the sub matrix fader and turn it up by 3db. The main speakers would not be affected by this change.

Profile photo of Mark Oakley
    Mark Oakley
    Participant

The LR will go to a set of matrix outputs instead of directly to the speakers.

This is exactly what I do ( a Stereo Matrix) as it leaves the processing on the Main L/R flat for sending to other sources; delay speakers, fills, video, etc. I run my subs from a mono Post-Fade Aux, as I want to be able to selectively send certain Inputs to the Subs, as well as vary the level of those Input in the Sub.

-Mark

Profile photo of dymondaudio
    dymondaudio
    Participant

Why don’t you just create an aux fed show from the user show templates? You’ll then have a separate output for your subs with separate eq etc. to the mains.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.