Director WAN connection – Spinning Rainbow wheel of death

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting Director WAN connection – Spinning Rainbow wheel of death

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of ThatComplicatedMidiGuy ThatComplicatedMidiGuy 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hey folks!

So We’ve finally got our VPN tunneling set up so I can remote in to the venue desk. Bandwidth seems okay, and ping times are not abnormal; However, when I try to connect to my mixrack via Director, it starts pulling data, the status/connecting bar gets to about 1/3 and then Director just sits with a spinning wheel of death.

Mixrack/Director v1.61 (Haven’t upgraded to 1.62 yet until after an upcoming show.) Connecting on a MacBook Pro 15″ i7 with 16gB ram, OSX Sierra (Not High Sierra.) It’s a production machine, so it’s doubtful it’s a resource issue on the MacBook.

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue? Any thoughts on what may be causing this? I’d really like to get this working asap if possible!

Blessings,

Richard

Solved!

Two issues –

1) we needed to establish QOS measures for the dLive to ensure director gets what it needs.
    2) The Venue is on a DSL circuit @ 150mbps down and 20 up. …and that’s assuming no other users on the network. I was more likely at about 8-10Mbps up if I had to hazard a guess. I worked with our IT dept to confirm details, and it looks like director connection when you pull settings *from* console, pushes about 86.2mb on the up side @ initial connection, then drops once you’ve got all the major console status info.
    Director looks like it *may* have been timing out because of the long wait time, or OSX was just reading the delay as a stalled program. At any rate, it does work, but perhaps something to pay attention to/note for future versions and others who may be doing install @ locations with limited uplink bandwidth!

Blessings,

Richard

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.