Director to DM0 only system connection issues – V1.95

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting Director to DM0 only system connection issues – V1.95

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of glparke glparke 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of glparke
    glparke
    Participant

Hi All

We just recently purchased a DM0 and will be getting IP8’s for control. We are not running a surface. I am currently running Director 1.95 software / firmware. Connection to the DM0 seems to be real touchy. A few computers won’t connect at all. An ipad with the dlive app works somewhat. I have seen it take 10 times to connect. The DM0 is connected to our audio admin subnet on a Cisco SG300-10 switch in L2 mode. I just saw 1.96 out , but is there anything in our network I need to look out for? All computers and Ipads can “See” the Dlive unit, but connection is very difficult. We have only been able to connect a few times.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
    Gary

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Gary,

As a starter, can you unplug the DM0 from your network and connect a laptop directly to its Network port, with a compatible IP address, and see if that makes Director connect more reliably? If so, you would need to work with your network admin to rule out IP conflicts or other issues.

Profile photo of glparke
    glparke
    Participant

we have our own audio admin vlan and we have about 4 switches connected together in our subnet with 1 switch connected to corporate. Everything is kind of in it’s own Island so to speak with a bridge out to the main network. 4 different windows PC’s with director and they each have issues connecting. Something with 1.95? Ill try to update to 1.96 if I can connect. I can also try resetting the network settings on the DM0 and try setting that up again. All laptops can see the DM0 all the time but making the connection is very touchy and hit / miss.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

It sounds like you didn’t follow Nicola’s advice. Did you try disconnecting the Mixrack from your current network and plugging a computer directly into the Mixrack as a test (using appropriately assigned manual ip addresses for both devices)? If you do this and you still have trouble getting the Director software to connect, then it might really be an A&H issue. If the problem goes away when you connect a computer directly to the Mixrack, then you know it is a network issue in your facility and your IT admin needs to sort it out. This is a quick and easy test and will help you determine which avenue you should be exploring.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

I will add that since no one else seems to have this same issue (there aren’t any other posts commenting about the problem even though thousands of people use Director with their Mixracks on a regular basis), it is most likely NOT a problem with the A&H software. It could also be a hardware issue with the DM0 as well, although I think that is a very small possibility since it seems that the network port is working (you said the Mixrack shows up on the network). I think the likely scenario is that there is something funky about your facility’s network that is preventing things from working correctly.

Once you know if it is the network or the hardware, then we can help try to narrow down the possible solutions – although opening a ticket with A&H support is probably the logical “next step” in either case.

Profile photo of glparke
    glparke
    Participant

I need to dig thru things. I tried direct from my laptop into the DM0 and it works “Most” of the time. some times it would not connect though even direct. Sometimes when I connect my Ipad which usually connects all the time, an instance of Director on a Dell PC that was connected gets kicked off and i need to reconnect that machine. Just wondering if there are ports getting blocked on occasion. It is really hard to figure out where the issue is as a PC will connect some of the time. and it really is 2 test machines on a network switch (Cisco SG300) with a few other devices. My ipad goes thru house wifi and a bunch of other switches and it works 95% of the time.

Profile photo of Brent H.
    Brent H.
    Participant

When you are connected direct, are ALL other devices off the network connection–just one cable between the DM0 and laptop? No switches even dangling off it?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Gary, can you provide a list of IP addresses for your dLive devices and the computers in question?

Make sure your dhcp is not conflicting with the dLive.

Profile photo of glparke
    glparke
    Participant

The audio admin subnet is in the 172.16.2.xxx range.
    DMO = 172.16.2.80
    Laptop (with Sophos / Umbrella) = 172.16.2.205
    Dell PC no antivirus / firewall = 172.16.2.247
    A few other PC’s at .55 and .54

Our DHCP server only handles out it’s range at .200 and up. Below .200 is all fixed IP’s for our gear. The interesting thing is that every computer sees the DMO. It’s making that connection is when it will hang or fail to connect. Ill be back in Tuesday to mess with it some more. I don’t think it is our sophos antivirus software affecting it. I have been able to connect on occasion with a PC with sophos on it.

Profile photo of glparke
    glparke
    Participant

Update – I think this has settled down. No real changes, just a reboot of the DM0. There were a few times when I force quit director before the reboot and even just hit the X to close the program, so maybe the DM0 was hanging on to that connection? Don’t know for sure, but it is connecting decent for now.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.