Director templates to share

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Director templates to share

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of neuran neuran 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of neuran
    neuran
    Participant

Hi community,
    is there a repository where to share mixing desk layouts? Just like a word processor does with its templates, it would be useful to have access to dedicated layouts to speed up the job, and also for educational/learning purposes.

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

There are templates to be found in Director. That are: FoH, Monitors, MultiSurface FoH, MultiSurface Mon, Surround.
    What other situations come into your mind, that could gain from a starting template without going too deep into personal preferences?

Profile photo of neuran
    neuran
    Participant

I was thinking of something close to real user experiences. I think that, if this sort of online repository does not exist, someone should build it. I will even be happy to contribute to the code development 😉

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

there are many different approaches to create a livemix.
    everybody has his own ideas and preferences.
    the advantage of dLive is that everyone is free to design their interface as they wish and as they need it in a particular situation.

the great thing about saving scenes and shows is that over time you can work out “your” start file, from which you prepare new bands. and with the libraries you save “your” own templates for certain instruments. and these templates always have something to do with your own way of working.

that’s why i can’t imagine that there could be more precise templates, except for beginners.

Profile photo of neuran
    neuran
    Participant

there are many different approaches to create a livemix.
    everybody has his own ideas and preferences.

that’s why I think it could be an invaluable resource.

the advantage of dLive is that everyone is free to design their interface as they wish and as they need it in a particular situation.

the great thing about saving scenes and shows is that over time you can work out “your” start file, from which you prepare new bands. and with the libraries you save “your” own templates for certain instruments. and these templates always have something to do with your own way of working.

that’s why i can’t imagine that there could be more precise templates, except for beginners.

Of course, any template should be adapted to a particular scenario, but a repository like this, I’m sure, would bring out the “best practices” and the community participating would help to refine them.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.