Director : Tablette compatibilities …?

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Director : Tablette compatibilities …?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mac Mac 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of cat's eyes
    cat’s eyes
    Participant

HI,

I wait to receive my two sets of Dlive, end of this week or next week…., i’m impatient to take hands on…, and i would think you for the new firmware and Director editor, still waiting for GigaAce card… may question is :

– what the minimum characteristic required for Director to run on tablet PC?

– witch type of tablet already test with director ?

I planet to buy a tablet to help engineer to do his job, I can choose one of two table that I find in my computer store :

HP Pavilion x2 – 10, Intel® Atom™ Z2520 (1,2 GHz, 2 coeurs), 2 Go 1 333 MHz DDR3L, 32 Go Storage, 10.1”, Windows 8.1
    Asus T100TAF, Quad-Core Processer (2M Cache, 1.33 GHz, up to 1.83 GHz), 1Go RAM,32 Go Storage, 10.1″, Windows® 8.1

I hope that can run director, i will be great.

Think you for your help

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Minimum system requirements:
    Resolution 1024×768 (recommended 1280×800)
    250MB free HD memory
    4GB RAM (recommended 8GB)
    2GHz Dual Core processor

We tested on a Microsoft Surface Pro.

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Is iPad version also coming?

ddff

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

Oh god, please let there be an iPad app coming, I don’t need more devices in my life 😉

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Rest assured there is an iPad app coming. It will be aimed at live mixing (no offline editing). If you want full access including system setup and patch, for example in a surface-less application, Director is the way to go!

Biggsounds
    Participant

Director is fantastic Nicola, definitely no complaints there, but doing monitors with a MacBook is clumsy 😉 any timing updates on the iPad app?

Profile photo of cheu78
    cheu78
    Participant

If it will be like the new ipad App for the Qu series (1.91), it will be great and really intuitive and fast to work on..
    Custom layers are really cool!! 🙂
    Thank you A&H!!

howdy

Cheu

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

so what about Android? Still some Appele Haters out there…

Biggsounds
    Participant

Steffen, from the perspective I’ve heard about the app development, the biggest issue with Android is the hardware uncertainty… all well and good if you’re loading it on a Galaxy tablet or equivalent quality, but A&H aren’t likely to want to deal with support questions for people trying to run an app requiring serious computing power on a $70 generic chinese tablet (I own one of those I was given for free, which is about what it’s worth – damn thing would have a hard time running Angry Birds let alone be a stable platform for mixing a band on!)… love them or hate them, at least Apple provides some certainty for minimum hardware requirements 😉

Profile photo of Michael
    Michael
    Participant

I’m an android user through and through when it comes to mobile phones, but when it comes to tablets, Apple is still king from a hardware perspective. (Don’t get me started on the closed ecosystem, though.)

I would be very happy to mix on an iPad.

Profile photo of Mac
    Mac
    Participant

Using a Surface Pro 4 here, Director works great on it. Stylus makes a huge difference vs my fat fingers. Also enjoy the fact that I can have Wireless Workbench running and my PA’s DSP running and at my fingertips as well. After having the full option of Director at my fingertips, I cannot see myself going with the iPad app when it does come out.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.