Director Software Latching Function

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive feature suggestions Director Software Latching Function

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jiminthebox Jiminthebox 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jiminthebox
    Jiminthebox
    Participant

I was spending a decent amount of time using the director software yesterday and found the thing that slowed me down the most was not having the latching function in the director software that the surface has. What I mean by this is on the surface you touch any box that has a numerical value and you can use the touch and turn knob to change that value. On the software you can’t enter anything into those boxes because they don’t latch, so there is no way to type directly and enter a value, or just to use a mouse or touchpad to adjust things without holding down a mouse button. Allowing the text boxes to latch would allow for all kinds of solutions that make for a much faster workflow if you are using the director software and operating without a surface.

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

I am asking for this for years now. Still no joy….

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

You aren’t the first person to request that Director’s UI be designed to acknowledge that it’s running on a computer and take advantage of things like “always having a keyboard”, or “being able to relabel buttons”. Your suggestion here is an application of always having a keyboard, and a good one. For better or for worse though (worse IMHO), so far A&H has seemed fairly committed to having Director’s software interface exactly mirror the surface’s physical interface.

Profile photo of Jiminthebox
    Jiminthebox
    Participant

Thats the problem though, the software on the console has latching, on the computer it doesn’t

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.