Director quick patch?

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Director quick patch?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ahjeff ahjeff 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tor
    tor
    Participant

Hi.

Is there a way to do a quick 1:1 patching in the routing Matrix? Patching 48 channels to 96 channels (2 x 48 for a digital split), patching tieline to recording, patching them back for VSC etc. is very cumbersome with this 1 by 1 patching, and makes for a fair amount of possible mistakes…! We had this on the ilive, at least fo input channels…?

Regards, Tor

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

+1million&1 for this…

Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

If you use the ‘setup’ key to turn on ‘Only patch when the “Patch” button is pressed’ in the I/O screen, you can easily create 1:1 assignments by holding the on-screen ‘Patch’ button, and dragging diagonal or straight lines across the I/O matrix.

While you’re in those options, I find it useful to enable full screen mode for the I/O screen as well.

Hope this helps

– Jeff, A&H

Profile photo of scruffyd
    scruffyd
    Participant

In director this works with the shift button being held down if you are not using a touch screen.

Profile photo of tor
    tor
    Participant

Awsome guys! Couldn’t find anything about this in the documentation 🙂

Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

I’ve not looked at the documentation, but it’s probably worth holding the ‘setup’ key while in a variety of the screens, to see what options are available for each one.

– Jeff, A&H

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.