Director overload

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis troubleshooting Director overload

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Crwoo Crwoo 3 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mat420
    Mat420
    Participant

I#ve a MacBook pro 2,6ghz 8gb ram, an d when i just open director (Avantis) i have a big overload on my cpu….

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

Online or offline mode?

I just tried it “offline” on my Windows computer and it is using about 1.6gb ram so I think that is normal. Director is using less than 10% CPU (seems to fluctuate between 5-6% at idle and 7-8% when actively using it), but it won’t be an apples to apples comparison. I’m running a 2020 HP Envy X360 13″ with the AMD Rizen 7 4700 CPU (8 core 2.0GHz processor)

I don’t have an Avantis at home to try to connect to. While I’d expect the numbers to increase some because of the amount of data being passed, I doubt it would change dramatically

Profile photo of Mat420
    Mat420
    Participant

Its in offline mode. Its just a control app and its overloading my probook. Tried to reinstall, no changes. The memory usage isnt the problem, but the cpu goes up to 80% usage even whenn i do nothing. Just a loaded default show….

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

I guess it could be an issue with the Mac version. You should probably submit a support ticket from the official A&H website.

Profile photo of Crwoo
    Crwoo
    Participant

I noticed high CPU usage from Avantis Director on my Macs too. it also takes 20-100 seconds to connect to the Avantis on wifi connections where it only takes 2 seconds for the iPad app.
    overall I am getting good use out of the Avantis Director. I am new to &

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.