Director on m1 Macs

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Director on m1 Macs

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dave Dave 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of borderline
    borderline
    Participant

I am upgrading our FOH and am considering the CDM 32. Can anyone comment on whether Director is or will be made compatible with OsX Monterey? I searched the forum and googled but didn’t turn anything up. My apologies if the answer is out there, I just can’t seem to find it.

Profile photo of Matt S
    Matt S
    Participant

Nothing really to add except I have an M1 Mac and it for sure does not work yet. I use my old Mac for Director purposes. Surely a compatibility update will come.

Profile photo of SoundGuyVienna
    SoundGuyVienna
    Participant

I have a Macbook Air M1 with Big Sur, running Director 1.90 and 1.91 without any problems.

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

Director 1.91 (as well as 1.9 and 1.8x, IIRC) works fine on our M1 Mac Mini running macOS 11.6.1. I don’t know if it’s a “native” app or not, but it works regardless.

There was an issue a while ago where if Director was connected when we recalled a show from our surface, it’d hang and the surface would lose its connection to the MixRack, but I’m pretty sure that got fixed in firmware 1.9 or 1.91.

Profile photo of borderline
    borderline
    Participant

Ok that matches my experience. I downloaded it on my Monterey pro and it was crazy glitchy. I guess I’ll just wait. I was hoping maybe someone came up with a workaround.

Profile photo of Joe G
    Joe G
    Participant

Hi all, nobody has heard any news on this yet have they?

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

@Joe G, I keep our M1 Mac mini at FOH on whatever the latest major supported OS version is (currently 11.7.4), but I keep my personal laptop running the latest OS release (13.3.something, I don’t remember) and Director runs fine on it. Hasn’t had a glitch in years, and I don’t remember it ever just not working at all.

(That said, I recommend not running ahead of the supported OS releases unless you have a really good reason.)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.