Direct out into uad interface

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Direct out into uad interface

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dawgstar
    Dawgstar
    Participant

I’m wondering if there’s an option to get direct outputs on the QU 32? Preferably 1/4″ jack, I want to hookup to a uad apollo to record with UAD interface. Thank you for any information, I appreciate your time/help.

Profile photo of WaihekeSoundie
    WaihekeSoundie
    Participant

No dedicated channel inserts or direct outs on QU Series (or SQ) 🙁
    Best you can do is to send your channel(s) to one of the output mixes and then into your Apollo and then patch it back in to a spare channel or pair after processing by your Apollo

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@Dawgstar ,

You are able to send any mix output to the 2x TRS Jack ‘Alt Out’.
    However, what is your reason for wanting to use the Qu and the Apollo at the same time?

I only ask, as with this setup, you would be converting to digital, back to analogue and back to digital again (an extra two conversion stages) plus there will be increased latency (especially if it was to monitor UAD plugins whilst recording).
    You could instead record the direct outputs from any/all channels on the Qu straight over USB and make use of the UAD and any plugins during post.

Or is this for streaming where you need it ‘live’?

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of Dawgstar
    Dawgstar
    Participant

I’m new to the digital mixer. My analog console had the DO to the apollo, and I do like UA preamps during recording. I can research the preamps on QU-32 more. Thank you guys for the info and help.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

I like Apollo stuff too. But you’d be using the QU’s preamps anyway even if you could send direct outs to the Apollo.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Some of the USB multi channel IO stand alone interfaces may work.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.