Digital split to Mixrack with single ACE card

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive general discussions Digital split to Mixrack with single ACE card

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nicola A&H Nicola A&H 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dreichmcculloch
    dreichmcculloch
    Participant

Hi,

I have a iDR32 and iDR64. The iDR64 has an ACE card fitted running an xDR from one port.

Is it possible to use the 2nd port in the iDR64’s ACE card to connect to the ‘Surface’ ACE port on the iDR32 to form a digital split – allowing the iDR32 to work for monitor world using only the software editor as control?

I know the userguide shows a split to use an ACE card in both MixRacks but a search through the old forums came up with the above configuration tagged as under consideration by A&H staff.

Many thanks.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

The short answer is no. Port B ACE to the built-in ACE port of another iDR is only supported for Dual Rack setups, i.e. to expand the number of input channels.

You can internally split the FoH/Mon channels in a Dual Rack setup for independent processing, but you are still limited to <32 mix outputs and 8 stereo FX engines in total.

To get two completely independent, fully functional systems you need a Port B to Port B connection.

Hope this helps.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.