Digital preamp noise

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Digital preamp noise

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of robbocurry robbocurry 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Soundsol
    Soundsol
    Participant

I’ve been using the QU series for many years and never seen an issue like this. I’m hoping to get some resolution on this soon. I’ve got a QU24. All the wired connections work great but for some strange reason I’m getting strange digital noise on the wireless channel. I’m using a Sennheiser XSW lav system. I’ve swapped out 5 different wireless systems, multiple frequencies, xlr and 1/4″ inputs, and tried multiple input channels. If I run the wireless direct to the amp, the problem goes away. Is there some voltage issue going on? Is the board bad? I recorded the audio and will try to attach it.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Post up a clip of the sound/noise.

Do your hear the noise with just the receiver connected and the wireless mic transmitter turned off?

Do you heard the noise with the wireless mic turned on but not program audio on the mic?

What shows up on the channel input level, can you see the noise level on the meter, is it peaking?

Are the wireless mic receivers set up next to a WIFI router or access point?

Profile photo of robbocurry
    robbocurry
    Participant

Is ST3 routed to jack input (maybe with a lead inserted?) and up in the faders?
    I had this once, the lead acted like an antenna when the fader was up and source wasn’t playing.
    Hope you suss it out!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.