Digital noise when streaming audio via USB-B.

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Digital noise when streaming audio via USB-B.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 338 replies, has 89 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of MarksLiveMusic MarksLiveMusic 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 339 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of whatsoup
    whatsoup
    Participant

That must be frustrating. Have you tried uninstalling or disabling the USB3 controller within windows? Shame Lenovo don’t give you access to it in the BIOS. I wonder if anyone has made a custom BIOS for it. Very risky though!

Profile photo of Frank
    Frank
    Participant

In windows it is also not possible, I think, because if there are only USB 3.0 ports, after deactivating nothing is working with USB… And custom BIOS is to risky for me. I bought the used Lenovov Thinkpad TP 410 instead…

Profile photo of Smokehead
    Smokehead
    Participant

You could habe done this with disabling and removing all USB-Debice drivers resulting in non working USB Ports. I’ve tried removing all USB drivers and xHCI devices listed in the device manager. This does lead to more problems than it solves. Don’t break your systems. Just make Allen & Heath build Drivers/Hardware which fulfills USB standards as other manufacturers do.

Profile photo of Frank
    Frank
    Participant

Yes, as told very often: A&H uses a special USB 2 streaming feature, wich seems not to be included in USB 3 chipset. So I think, they had to wright a complete new solution and perhaps this will not be possible with the used hardware in the affected A&H-mixers. Other manufactorer seems to use another way of streaming the data…

Smokehead
    Participant

Nevertheless it’s a no-go. USB-3 Standards are known since 2008. The desk is from 2014. The specifications and implementation details have been available.

Profile photo of Frank
    Frank
    Participant

Yes, of course! But I think, the future will/must be LAN, not USB… like used in Dante-cards. But, as I know, these are not implementable into QU 16

Smokehead
    Participant

Yes. I’m not sure if there’s something similar but in germany there is something called a ‘Sachmangel’ which maybe could be used to get your refunded or similar. It describes that when a device is advertised with some features it can’t fulfill you have the right to habe the device repaired or refunded. In my opinion this could be the case on these malfunctioning boards.

I hope for the day that a switch and multiple LAN cables is anything we need for proper audio workstations! All MIDI-Controller, Interfaces and Monitoring devices could be just plugged in to some network switch and the PC/Notebook can be freely placed without the need for hubs or USB cards anymore.

Profile photo of Frank
    Frank
    Participant

“Sachmangel” (so I come from germany) is no solution, because A&H refers explicit to “USB 2.0” in the handbook and at the backside of the mixer. So they are “left out” :-(. So they must be willed or capable to find a solution, but until now this is not the case for a lot of users…

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

If you look back in this thread, you will see that Intel, when designing their USB3 chips, didn’t follow the USB standard. A&H design relies on that standard. If you have a computer with USB3 and uses non-Intel USB chips, you will not encounter the noise problem.

Profile photo of Frank
    Frank
    Participant

Yes, I know… it seems to be an Intel-USB 3.0 chip problem (they reduced a former streaming USB 2 procedure, so Intel USB 3 is not downcompatibel anymore). But Intel is the elephant and Allen&Heath the mouse, so Intel will not move, I think. So A&H would have to move with another solution. Behringer/Midas for example doesn’t have this problem, so they have a solution… they do work with Intel-USB-chips also!

Profile photo of Motul
    Motul
    Participant

Hello! I installed the driver on XP 10 for the QU … At the bottom of the monitor, the right “&” appeared – clicking on it we see the Buffer Settings – and two tabs at the bottom: USB Streaming Mod, and ASIO Buffer Size .. Tell someone please – How do these parameters affect the recorded and reproduced sound from the computer / DAW? What parameters how to set / in what order / combination? And why do we need these parameters in general? For earlier Thanks for any answer.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of whatsoup
    whatsoup
    Participant

In a previous post I said disabling USB3 solved my problem but after tearing my PC down for two weeks I have found out that USB3 was not my problem. My SQ-5 works fine on an asus x99-a motherboard with USB3 enabled. Just thought I’d come back and clarify, in case those people that can’t disable their USB3 think this is definitely their problem.`

Unrelated – so nothing to do with my SQ, but it seems my glitching has been coming from MIDI (especially shorted gated notes) in my Native Instruments Maschine software at 96khz. It would ‘inprint’ glitching into recorded audio, but not affect live playback.

I only mention this here to ask if there is a way to run the SQ driver at 44khz, to do some testing. Thanks

Profile photo of Motul
    Motul
    Participant

Tell me please – does anyone have a pulse, shots of electric clicks in columns / monitors from all exits from QU? This problem is also heard in the columns even if we completely turn off the Master channel or Mix channels – Mute also does not stop these Chaotic spontaneous electrical clicks / signals … Tell me what it is – how to fix it … We changed different firmware / versions firmware .. And they made a hard reset – but all without success … Nothing helps – clicks still happen … What is this ???

Profile photo of slowhand73
    slowhand73
    Participant

I have it too. I disabled USB3 on mainbaord and it seem to come not so often. But it also exist.
    When I change the buffersize, it also goes away for view minutes.

Profile photo of TK
    TK
    Participant

SO I ended up with an intel chipset and no 2.0 usb. I ordered this laptop understanding it had usb 2.0 but I was mistaken. Sure enough I experienced the digital clipping. I was relieved though that the 1.95 firmware update eliminated the issue for me.
    I’m running an Alienware 15R3.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 339 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.