Digital noise coming from Qu-Pac

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Digital noise coming from Qu-Pac

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ciaranm ciaranm 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Holly
    Holly
    Participant

Hi!
    I recently bought a Qu-Pac for live performance. We’re noticing a subtle thumping or popping sound coming continuously from the mixer. Almost sounds digital? See attached sample.

I did a few basic tests – unplugged every input from the mixer, only running two XLRs from the main l/r out. Then tried different power sources. But am still hearing it…

Has anyone else experienced this or knows what to do about it? Is this normal?

I’m new to the Qu- world so any advice would be much appreciated!

Firmware of our mixer is 1.95 – Rev 4561

Thanks!

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

If you PAFL L/R does it also show up in the headphones (does the QU-PAC have a headphone jack?)? Try different XLR cables? Does it show in the meters and the spectrum display?

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Did it do this right out of the box or start after you used it for a show or two?
    Check that you do not have anything routed back into it self, like the effects.

See if you do hear it in the headphones (front upper left hand corner is the jack).
    Check and see if it is on the ALT OUTS, by default there set to L R out, double check
    in IO routing.

Do a full reset and test it.

Profile photo of ciaranm
    ciaranm
    Participant

Have you double checked its not the signal generator? Setup-Audio-Sig Gen, make sure its not on?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.