Digital I/O Port on SQ-5/6 vs 7

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Digital I/O Port on SQ-5/6 vs 7

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Alex A&H Alex A&H 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of moebius
    moebius
    Participant

Referring to the datasheets:

– All SQ models offer the same 32×32 channels @24/96 via USB
    – Same numbers across all models for Slink, depending on protocol 32/64/128 channels with a max of 128 @24/96 via gigaACE.

However, the Digital IO/ Port of SQ-5/6 is spec´d as 64×64, while SQ-7 is positioned as 128×128:

“A digital I/O Port shall be provided to accept optional cards, supporting a maximum 128×128 channels and the ability to interface with 3rd party AoIP protocols such as Dante and Waves.”

Is that a typo? Or is DANTE output really different on the SQ-7? Maybe a different DANTE I/O card for SQ-7 only (which would surprise me)?

Asking because the PCIe I/O on the DAW will have 128×128 and I´m torn between 2x SQ-5 or 1x SQ-7.

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Moebius,

All three models (5, 6 & 7) have an IO port capable of up to 128 x 128 channels (using the Slink option card), whilst also being compatible with other SQ option cards for Waves and Dante which are 64 x 64 channels. The core and processing power of the SQ is the same across the series, so if there is a difference in any of our documentation, please forward the information to support@allen-heath.com and we can take a look.

For more information on the SQ connectivity via the SLink, you can find that here: https://www.allen-heath.com/media/SLinkConnections_V1_3_0.pdf

For more information on the available Io cards, you can find that here: https://www.allen-heath.com/key-series/sq/

Thanks! Alex

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.