Digital feedback via Dante

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Digital feedback via Dante

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Allen & Heath Product Support Allen & Heath Product Support 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve just had strange experience in virtual soundcheck mode with JoeCo BBR64 Dante recorder. I had patched tie lines (there is no option Mixrack sockets as we had in iLive) from stage rack to JoeCo for recording and switched to Virtual Soundcheck mode for playback. JoeCo lets input signal through to output all the time not only when armed for recording unless the the playback is in progress. So right after the song ends and JoeCo is in stopped state, the feedback starts and escalates to max levels within few seconds. Of course, the workaround is to do 2 Dante patch configs in Dante Controlller that can be recalled for recording or playback. I did not have this problem before with iLive and with earlier FW version with dLive. Had something been changed in this FW or should I do something in a different way?

ddff

Hi @ddff_lv ,

Sounds like a feedback loop caused by the tie-lines to the JoeCo feeding back into itself via the Virtual SoundCheck routing when the JoeCo playback is stopped.

The Virtual SoundCheck feature has a Record Send option – this uses the VSC routing to output audio to the VSC device and maintains your “normal” input patching. I would suggest removing your tie-line routing to the JoeCo and instead use the Record Send mode in VSC to achieve the same results, albeit without the feedback!

Best Regards,
    Ben

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.