Different Mix-Assignements on a Stereo RCA Input

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions Different Mix-Assignements on a Stereo RCA Input

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Patrick L. Patrick L. 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Patrick L.
    Patrick L.
    Participant

Is it possible with the RCA inputs to have on the right and the left channel different mix-assignments?

In my case I have a click on the left channel for the band and on the right channel spoken text (synchronized to a video).
    Only the spoken text should be on the FOH speakers. The click should be audible only to the band (InEar).
    In addition, both channels should be mono.

I know I could use two xlr inputs. Unfortunately I’m very busy with all channels for this project and have no further XLR inputs.

Sorry for my bad english. I hope you understand what I mean. 🙂

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

mmm watching with interest..
    sorry I dont know the GLD system
    Someone will have an answer for you :+)

Profile photo of jcarter
    jcarter
    Participant

In the Editor I can assign two mono input processing channels to an RCA input pair (and there aren’t any restrictions on pairing them… you could assign processing channels 33 and 39 to RCA inputs 47/48 if you like).

The problem you may have is that there are only 44 mono input processing channels, so you won’t be able to assign mono input processing channels to all your preamp (XLR) sockets if you take some of them for the RCA inputs. Are there any stereo pairs coming in to your XLR sockets where you could use stereo input processing channels?

Profile photo of Patrick L.
    Patrick L.
    Participant

Thanks for your answer, jcarter!

Yes, i have a Stereo-Piano. I will try to put the Piano on the Stereo-Channel and the Video on the two Mono-Channels.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.