Different FX Sends Per Mix Aux

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Different FX Sends Per Mix Aux

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of dataforcing dataforcing 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dataforcing
    dataforcing
    Participant

Hi everyone. I am new to SQ6 and have one important question. Any help is appreciated.

How can I change channel EFX SEND on different MIX AUX so e.g. MAIN MIX has vocal with EFX SEND level = 100 so how can i have the same vocal track but with different EFX Send level and EQ on MIX AUX 1 so when I select between MIX AUXES, i get different channels FX Send and EQ?

Thanks in advance

Profile photo of peterlanders
    peterlanders
    Participant

Remember, the FX1-4 mixes are aux mixes for all intents and purposes already. You don’t put an FX send on a different mix; you send input channels to an FX send mix, then add the corresponding FX return to your other mixes (LR and aux). You set the amount of wet FX return that way. Want reverb on AUX 1 but not AUX 2? Just bring up the Fx1Rtn fader in AUX 1 but not 2.

By default the FX returns are on layer 2 on the SQ-6, and I think they also default to full on, which might be why you thought they were global rather than specific to each output mix.

Profile photo of peterlanders
    peterlanders
    Participant

(I should also clarify that by default the four FX send buttons correspond to FX engines 1-4. If you need more send mixes than that, you have to give up one or more aux mixes; use the Mix->Rtn routing on the FX slot’s back panel, as described in the manual.

dataforcing
    Participant

Thank you for the clarifications but let us say, on MAIN MIX, I have 10 channels, each one has 50% wet of reverb. How do I allow musicians on MIX1 AUX to alter their reverb (e.g. 70% wet) on each channel (not FX return) and channels processing differently than the MAIN MIX?

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

This isn’t how this works, especially when you’re talking about having different EQ in different mixes. The only way to really do what you want is to split each channel multiple times so you have one copy for each mix it’s going to.

Chris

dataforcing
    Participant

I see
    Thank you so much

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.