Differences in Qu Editions?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Differences in Qu Editions?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of rschlierbeck rschlierbeck 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of rschlierbeck
    rschlierbeck
    Participant

I have a Qu-16 and Qu-24, older with black knobs, and a friend just purchased a new chrome edition Qu-16. I was helping him get started and I swear that the faders move much more smoothly on his chrome edition Qu-16. Both when pushing them manually and when you select mixes. They seem much quieter too. I thought I read that the only difference in the chrome edition is the fader caps and knobs. Does anyone know if the chrome edition has upgraded components too?

Thanks,

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Rschlierbeck,

Although there is no operational difference between the original and chrome versions of Qu, it is possible that there are minor improvements on a hardware level which have been implemented over time. It is also possible that this difference is due to general wear and tear on the faders, as these are the most used mechanical part on the mixer.

You could contact your local distributor to book your console in for a service if you think there may be something wrong with your mixer. You can find their details here: http://www.allen-heath.com/where-to-buy/

Thanks! Alex

Profile photo of rschlierbeck
    rschlierbeck
    Participant

Alex,

Thanks for the information.

To the best of my knowledge, my mixers are functioning the same as the day they were new. The faders on both my mixers feel identical and both are 3 or 4 years old. There was a very noticeable difference with the faders on the chrome edition. I appreciate that A&H may make improvements to hardware over time. I was curious to know if there was any official word on these improvements, not only to faders but processing power and sound quality as well. Things like this might factor into a decision to upgrade to the newer versions.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.