Differences between Matrix/Mix/Group Outputs?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Differences between Matrix/Mix/Group Outputs?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of NakAttack NakAttack 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of NakAttack
    NakAttack
    Participant

Hi guys,
    I am using my Qu32 as a recording interface. As a result, though I do have all my inputs plugged in, I do not have a need for the extensive amount of outputs available on the unit.

I am planning on setting up 4 headphone sends between my control room and my tracking room. I see many output options (Matrix/Mix/Group in both mono and stereo). Are there specific advantages to these different configurations for my purposes?

Thanks,
    Nakul

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Well, Matrix outputs would give you the greatest number of options, as you can easily send any Mix, Group or combinations of them to those – including the main L&R Mix.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Using the mix outs would allow you to individually create a separate “mix” going to each of your four headphone sends. you would need four separate headphone amps to do that though.
    With the QU series there is an APP available called QU YOU that would allow the headphone
    users to mix there own mix.

You board would need to be connected to a WIFI network for the QU YOU app to be used.

Profile photo of NakAttack
    NakAttack
    Participant

Thanks for the responses. I am getting more comfortable using my device as a result of your insights. The Qu-You is fantastic. I think I am making progress, but I wonder if I’ve been going in the right direction.

Because my setup is purely a recording one, I only monitor with headphones. I only have speakers in my tracking room to listen back after the fact.

I’ve got 2 PA’s in my small tracking room that connect to my Qu-32 which is in my control room. The sound going into those PA’s would be the sound coming out of Ableton to listen back after the fact. I am using Matrix outputs 1 and 2 for those.

I’ve got my first four Mix-outs going into my tracking room as a means for the recording artists to hear the click track from Ableton/talkback microphone. For these purposes, the headphones already play sound back without a headphone amplifier. I do wish that my artists could control the levels of individual Ableton tracks. Is this possible?

Many thanks,
    Nakul

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.