Difference between director connected to MixRack or Surface

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Difference between director connected to MixRack or Surface

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I thought a while back I saw something written about the difference in functionality when Director is connected to the MixRack or the Surface. Can someone explain the difference?

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

from the manual

MixRack only to use Director as a standalone, independent control surface. You can use this setting even if a physical surface is connected.

and Surface and MixRack to synchronise Director with the surface hardware i.e. strip assignments, settings, preferences

Ray

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Ah, the strip assignments would be the biggest difference, I would think.

Thank you!

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

You can have a different role on director connected to the mixrack only

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I really don’t see enough of a difference between the 2 connection methods.
    It would be great if when connecting to a surface it would mirror everything from the surface, including show files, scene recalls, etc, the way other console’s apps do. Basically a remote control for the console.

The connect only to MixRack function should stay the same, as it’s really useful when using director as an additional console.
    I just want a mode when director is used in conjunction with the surface and reflects all changes and functions of the surface, as other companies’ apps do.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.