Details on M-ACE Card

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive general discussions Details on M-ACE Card

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ranjeetraju715 ranjeetraju715 8 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ranjeetraju715
    ranjeetraju715
    Participant

I would like to know few details and information on the M-ACE card.

I have a ilve 80 surface and a IDR 16 with a dante network card which i want to use for recording purposes. Now the surface and the mix rack is not communicating with each other because it does not have the ACE link on the surface. And then i read about the M-ACE card and wanted to know whether that will solve my problem and then it will start to communicate with the mix rack.

Hope these many information are helpful and will be able to get details from you guys soon.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

You can fit an M-ACE card to a Port A of a modular Surface provided the Surface is equipped with the RAB-2 (Remote Audio Board) module. This will enable the audio and control link to the iDR MixRack. Remember to bridge one of the Surface Network ports to the Control Network port on the M-ACE card, as shown in the User Guides.

Alternatively you can connect the Surface and MixRack via Network. This will give you full control of the MixRack and metering data, but no PAFL, local audio I/O or Talkback. You can patch PAFL to the Surface with analogue cables from the MixRack if required.

Hope this helps.

Profile photo of ranjeetraju715
    ranjeetraju715
    Participant

Thank you for your response.

Just wanted to clarify once more that with this card the connection between the surface and the mix rack will be sorted out. Right??????

And is there an alternate without using the M-ACE Card.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.