Desk freeze – iOS 11 to blame??

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Desk freeze – iOS 11 to blame??

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lee7 Lee7 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Roy
    Roy
    Participant

Not sure whether to put this in GD or troubleshooting, but as there’s an iOS 11 thread in GD decided to put it here.

Was soundchecking before a gig with my QU16 on Saturday night when the desk just froze – the meters all stayed where they were, button presses unresponsive and faders had no effect. I’ve never had anything like this in the 18 months I’ve had the desk. But… it was the first time I’d run with the remote app on my iPad since upgrading to iOS 11, and I was instantly very suspicious. So I closed down the iPad and rebooted the mixer. The rest of the gig went just fine.

Now that is not scientific proof that the update to iOS 11 was to blame but it’s too much of a coincidence to me, especially as I’ve been using the remote app quite happily before. Anyone have any idea what could cause a hardware freeze simply because something may not be 100% compatible between the OS and the app? It’s quite intriguing!

Roy

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

Nothing to do with IOS 11 as that isn’t loaded into the desk, will be another software problem, possibly?

🙂

Profile photo of Roy
    Roy
    Participant

Was wondering if something in the way the iPad communicates with the desk wasn’t quite right (as a result of the upgrade). Perhaps causing it get confused?

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

Might be worth performing a “Hard Reset” and then reload a scene to see if the problem persists?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.