Delay Audio on USB B output

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Delay Audio on USB B output

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Justyn Justyn 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Justyn
    Justyn
    Participant

Hi

I’ve just starting to delve into live streaming our events and am using the audio from the USB B output to go into our MacBook Pro. I have a audio / video sync issue of about one second. I’m looking into the best cost effective and workable solutions to this, hence this post. My question is if anyone knows if it is possible to put any kind of delay onto the USB B output feed (i.e. the audio is ‘sent’ x seconds after it happens).

One option is a £400 upgrade on the streaming software.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

If it’s just 2 track audio, then all the outputs have a delay available, but I don’t think they go to as long as a second as a second. They’re really for time aligning speakers in different positions.

If you have one of the effects units available, you could insert it in the output of your choice, set it to 100% Wet, 0% feedback, then dial in the time you need.

Profile photo of Justyn
    Justyn
    Participant

That’s a great ideal, and will try out as soon as it is feasible.

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

How many channels do you have available? How many do you use? I have a solution but it will only work if you have extra channels, the more, the better.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Just get a USB cable that is long enough. 1foot of cable is worth 1ns, so you need a million kilometres of cable…. Erm… Maybe not 😉

Profile photo of Justyn
    Justyn
    Participant

We use about 10 of the main 16

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.