DEEP Proc. Plugins

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions DEEP Proc. Plugins

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of BRS BRS 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Schneich
    Schneich
    Participant

Is there any way to transfer, uninstall or remove activated DEEP Processing plugins ?

thx
    -Chriss

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi Chriss,

No – Add-ons are unique to each unit and installed at low level, so they are not affected by firmware updates or system resets.

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Greetings @KeithJ_A&H
    If the add-ons are installed at birth/ manufacture of each Mixer
    Are those add-ons upgrade-able in new version numbers?

@Schneich
    Why would you want to remove the Deep Plugins?

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Greetings @xyz 🙂

Add-ons are installed by the user and can indeed be changed/improved/upgraded through firmware (as with the extra modes added to the De-esser with V1.5).
    It’s just the installed/not installed status which is unaffected by changes or updates. e.g. you do not need to re-add all your add-ons after a factory reset.

Cheers,
    Keith.

Profile photo of Schneich
    Schneich
    Participant

I want to take them with me to a different console which has none

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

As noted, that unfortunately isn’t possible. The plugins are licensed for each individual device and are non-transferable.

Profile photo of BRS
    BRS
    Participant

Yeah – what’s missing is a “de-authorisation” mechanism. Stops the 3rd party trade of plugs I suppose and protects revenue for A&H. Fair enough but I do see why the OP would want this. If I’d bought a load of plugins and then wanted to change to an SQ6 or 7, or a new SQ5 with no scratches or faults, I’d be a bit sad.

I dare say if you could show that the old desk was beyond repairable, A&H support might be swayed!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.