DEEP compressors – sidechain or not?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions DEEP compressors – sidechain or not?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Alex A&H Alex A&H 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of monki
    monki
    Participant

Hi,
    I am thinking of adding some DEEP processing goodies to my SQ5. I’m either going to get the multiband/de-esser/dyneq bundle or the compressors bundle. But its very hard to find proper documentation about these plugins and their full feature set, so was wondeing I’d ask from here:

Do the DEEP compressors have a sidechain input with filtering like the builtin comp has? I really like to use the sidechain feature for giving more dynamism to mixes in a subtle way. The same techniques could be killer for using with the DEEP compressors. But the UIs of the DEEP plugins do not have any sidechain controls?

what about doing parallel compression with the DEEP comps? Possible?

If the DEEP comps do not offer sidechain or wet/dry easily, I’m probably going to go for the multiband/de-ess/dyneq bundle instead.

Thanks

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Monki,

The DEEP compressors simply replace the stock compressor, so you still have the side chain and parallel path available in the compressor processing block.

Thanks!
    Alex

Profile photo of monki
    monki
    Participant

thanks for your fast reply! This is excellent news!

I think I’ll get both of these bundles 🙂

thanks again

Profile photo of Andre S
    Andre S
    Participant

Hi Alex,

haven´t found it on the PeakLimiter76…

Cheers,
    André

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi André,

My apologies, you’re correct. The PeakLimiter76 doesn’t have a side chain like the other DEEP compressors, but it does have a parallel path.

This is because the hardware this was modeled on doesn’t feature a side chain option and is the same for dLive and Avantis.

Thanks
    Alex

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.