Dead AR2412

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD troubleshooting Dead AR2412

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of nmarques nmarques 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of nmarques
    nmarques
    Participant

Hello,

A church client of ours has a GLD console and it was hooked up to an AR2412. It’s a couple years old, if that.

They recently had a major lighting strike that took out several things.. After the lighting event, they had no sound, no projection, no lights, and no building network. To get them by for Sunday, I hooked up an SQ6 directly to the GLD and configured the SQ6 as if it were a stage box. I know this isn’t supposed to work, but it did enough to make sound. Since this works, it seems that the GLD is fine.

As far as this AR2412 goes, I took it apart and don’t see any obvious burn marks or damage, but I am suspecting that the IO Rack Comms board is bad. It doesn’t seem like these are serviceable (and we do have a component level repair bench). Just for testing, I connected Ethernet from a PC to the dSnake port and got no link. If I connect to the Monitor port, I get 100Mbps link. The Expander port also gives no link.

Has anyone gotten an AR2412 repaired after a similar issue.

nmarques
    Participant

Actually,

I forgot to post here that they also have two AR84’s that were in a different building connected to a different GLD, and are showing the same problem — no network link.

Profile photo of angelokoko
    angelokoko
    Participant

Same exact situation here. Did you get it resolved? I am speculating a bad PCB on the Dsnake line on GLD and bad PSU and PCB board on the AR2412.

nmarques
    Participant

Yeah the network boards failed on the stage boxes and the main board on the console. Had to replace them all.

The giveaway is if you plug the port into a laptop and don’t get any link or don’t see any traffic in Wireshark, it’s dead.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.