De-esser, please!

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions De-esser, please!

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of GR-PDX
    GR-PDX
    Participant

I would love to have this feature!

Profile photo of GR-PDX
    GR-PDX
    Participant

Actually, part of why I got this mixer was this page:

ilivefx.allen-heath.com/deesser.php?t=g

Which came up on google when I types “Qu-16 esser”. The page is confusing, but it lead me to believe that this effect would be available.

Since it is available on other mixers, can you make it so on this one? I’ll give you $20. Cash.

Profile photo of jport
    jport
    Participant

I would love this. A multiband de-esser, even as a plugin to purchase.

Can you upgrade the onboard effects? I don’t know.

Profile photo of GR-PDX
    GR-PDX
    Participant

It would probably be a support nightmare for A&H, but purchasable plugins would be cool! Might be a good additional revenue stream if the board can accommodate the GLD effects.

I’d pay…well, a reasonable amount.

Profile photo of Medic
    Medic
    Participant

DE-ESSER for QU-32
    Miss it badly !!! Could be a reason for change to another brand if not provided in next updates !!

Profile photo of jlap
    jlap
    Participant

Just bought Qu-SB…Would love to have de-esser/dynamic compressor on the channel strip

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Not to be a downer but having done this for over forty years I find myself never really needing a desser. Yes I did in my studio recording days occasionally. But in live use not so much. I think a good mic choice, proper mic technique and selective EQ and compression can generally take care of issues. If it’s that bad you need to look at things like speaker choice or other processing things.

Profile photo of jlap
    jlap
    Participant

Sometimes you can’t choose the microphone…Acoustic guitar with piezo is one case, where dynamic comp/de-esser is a better
    tool for solving a problem, which is depended on the player’s performance(the nasty frequency only appears with the loud notes…). It’s nice to have more tools, even if you don’t need it every day…

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I’m speechless 😳 😊

Profile photo of niroh
    niroh
    Participant

this option would be nice. Thumbs-up!

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

A de-esser would be handy, I would even take it as a selectable choice per channel of either compressor or de-esser. If needed I could add channel compression via a group.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.