De-Esser

This topic contains 29 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of trusted-tones trusted-tones 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of alli
    alli
    Participant

+1

Nice workaround Patrick!
    But A&H please add a deesser with next FW-Release!

Profile photo of Jordan T. Hurt
    Jordan T. Hurt
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of Danny-Lan
    Danny-Lan
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of Dabiggs
    Dabiggs
    Participant

Participant

Profile photo of pfrigge
    pfrigge
    Participant

@patryktylza
    I think in many situations it may be sufficient to use the side chain without a second channel, since the side chain feature of the compressor allows

1. the channel itself to be the side chain source (“self keyed”) and
    2. to apply a HPF to the side chain signal.

Therefore, if you enable the side chain filter with HPF at lets say 6kHz, you can let the compressor only react to frequencies over 6kHz. Everything below won’t trigger the compressor. I used this approach lately and it worked out great. The only downside I see is that you are limited to a HPF and can’t choose a specific frequency to trigger the compressor. But in exchange for this drawback you have a much simpler setup. And if you need another compressor for “normal” compression you could then again route the signal to a group and compress there.

Profile photo of Lee
    Lee
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of Coronos
    Coronos
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of Middi201
    Middi201
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of Smalltown Jim
    Smalltown Jim
    Participant

De-Esser, Yes please; It helps a lot to have a built in one especially for Church and amateur user groups.

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

last Saturday I missed a de-esser desperately. I had an male singer with significant S’s. At the end I fixed the issue somehow with the channel compressor and the keyfilter. A ducking gate would be in that case the better solution but is also not available on the SQ:-(

Profile photo of AudioGuy
    AudioGuy
    Participant

@mfk0815 there is a ducker available.
    Goto the compressor screen, press library and select the ducker mode (is possible even without purchasing the deep plugins).

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of lightingman117
    lightingman117
    Participant

@audioguy
    What firmware are you running? Ducker wasn’t anywhere in 1.3 release notes (IIRC).

That’s a major feature request from a ton of people.

Just checked V1_2 reference guide didn’t have it. V1_3 does. Pg 28 & 30 respectively.

That’s incredible, how did it not make it into release notes?

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

One DEEP plug in I would absolutely pay for on the SQ’s would be the Dyn8 unit from the dLive’s – I use it everywhere in my dLive mixes, I’d definitely see the value of paying for that as a plug in (not sure how it would be implemented in the SQ architecture, given it’s an insert, but definitely something I’d love to see)!

Profile photo of Fleck
    Fleck
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of trusted-tones
    trusted-tones
    Participant

1+ deesser is a must have!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.