De-Esser?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions De-Esser?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Andreas Andreas 9 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dickiefunk
    dickiefunk
    Participant

Hi,

One feature that I’ve noticed is available on the new Soundcraft UI series mixers and the Behringer X32 range is a De-Esser. I would love to see one of these implemented on the QU range if possible?

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

only if it is as good as a DBX 902,
    every single other de-esser I have ever used… live and studio is about worthless.

Profile photo of gilly
    gilly
    Participant

Speaking of de-essers, what about pop filter. I thought the HPF in QU-24 was supposed to eliminate or reduce popping from p or t words. Not at all on my experience. Our pastor pops a lot and i cannot seem to EQ this out. He uses a Senheiser head set radio mic. I don’t suppose you can get small pop filter to fit over the mic..though even if u cud it would look a bit silly??

Profile photo of robbocurry
    robbocurry
    Participant

I suppose you tried bringing the mic a little further around the head, away from the mouth and closer to the ear?
    Sennheisers head mics usually come with a pop guard, isn’t there one fitted?

Profile photo of gilly
    gilly
    Participant

It does have a small foam cover but its very small and ineffective for popping

Profile photo of Tommy
    Tommy
    Participant

The new firmware upgrade includes one for each input. Just purchased a QU16 last week and went ahead and updated the firmware.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

One ‘what’ for each input?

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Ducker… but the ducker is not a de-esser. …unless it gets some sort of filter attached and the trigger could be controlled from the same channel…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.