DCA spill identification

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive feature suggestions DCA spill identification

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Raphael Becker-Foss
    Raphael Becker-Foss
    Participant

As a sort of addendum to Dustins suggestion concerning the DCA master placement, which I think is a very valid one (-> https://community.allen-heath.com/forums/topic/dca-spill-fader-placement?fbclid=IwAR1sJEyGVo__lxn5QWscQtHvUtyHVhgmny7e_ErTgH8MY1kPebZW3m-syc4), I would like to suggest to make a DCA master that is in spill mode more visible.

The slow blinking Mix button just isn’t very intuitive and forces you to actively look at the console for a second to see if a spill is active or not, especially so, if DCAs are packed and therefor the fader strips are populated (almost) entirely, even in spill mode.

I would suggest the Mix button blinking faster or just be constantly lit (maybe with a short, inverse blinking sequence, so it doesn’t look too busy). In addition, the scribble strip display of the spilled master DCA could change between the name of the DCA and “spill”.

Last but not least, an indicator at the bottom of the screen (like when a “listen” function or VSC is active) would be great.

Between all those indicators, it would be easy to have a “feel” if what we are looking it are layers or a spilled DCA.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

if you define a soft key to the DCA Spill active setting this is lit in Pink(magenta?) if activated…
    could be an idea to use it on active spills as well

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.