DCA Mute muting PFLs

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting DCA Mute muting PFLs

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of dpdan dpdan 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Wilts
    Wilts
    Participant

Over the last week or so, I have been caught out by the DCA mute also muting the PFL for a channel. I’ve turned the desk on, tried to listen to the PFL on a channel only to hear nothing. I’ve then tried to work out what is going on, only to spot that I have muted the DCA for that channel. Remove the DCA mute and all is well. Seems a little counter-intuitive to me

Has this always been the case? I just don’t remember it happening over the last 9 months we have had the desk. Am I missing a setting? We are running 1.8.

Thanks

Paul

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Does the PAFL come off the DO tap? It may be configured to be an AFL on I out channels…

(Always gets me on the Roland)

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

It is completely normal for all channels assigned to a DCA to be controlled by that DCA, including mute.
    Just don’t use the DCA mute, instead, use one of the softkeys to mute a selection of channels, then you will be able to PFL the channels even if they are muted.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.