DCA "moving fader" mode

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD feature suggestions DCA "moving fader" mode

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Chris93 Chris93 9 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of johnfrusketti
    johnfrusketti
    Participant

Last night i was doing a musical, and i was feeding the band auxs with the actor voices; all actors were on a DCA and all band AUXS were post fader (only for the actor channel), but when the actors sang all toghether, the DCA doesn’t modify the level on auxs.
    I would be very helpfull a “moving fader” option for DCA, so you can modify the feed for aux of multiple channel with the DCA.
    thanks.
    Luca

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

The DCA isn’t supposed to do anything “when the actors all sing together”, it’s supposed to invisibly control the level of input faders when you physically move the DCA fader. It isn’t a compressor, it doesn’t do anything automatically.

If you did turn down the DCA, how do you know that the send levels to the band didn’t change? Reports from the band? You maybe just don’t agree on how much quieter it was supposed to get. 🙂

If you turned the DCA down and the channel post fade send levels didn’t change you may not have had the send actually post fade like you thought you did, could it have gotten changed in a scene recall?

Chris

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘GLD feature suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.