DAW (Cubase) midimap for Windows

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu DAW integration DAW (Cubase) midimap for Windows

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of philt80 philt80 9 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Micke
    Micke
    Participant

Hi.

Does anyone get QU-xx to work as DAW controller in Windows? In that case it would be nice to share the midimap-file to load in Cubase.

I run Windows 8.1 64bit and Cubase Pro 8.5

Thanks

Profile photo of philt80
    philt80
    Participant

Nope.. I’ve been searching everywhere…

I’ve been posting this everywhere.. I’m using Studio one by presonus which I’m just about ready to give up on….

I need some help with device control on my new QU24 by allen and heath. I’ve set up a new keyboard external device and so far (the easy part) I’ve got my faders moving. I’m looking to get things like pan, gates, eq, mutes etc working controlled via MIDI. On learn mode when I move the pan knob I get this in the XML file….
    -<Control title=”Control25″ options=”receive public” type=”knob” name=”controlb0063″>
    <MidiMessage address=”#63″ channel=”0″ status=”#B0″/>
    </Control>
    -<Control title=”Control26″ options=”receive public” type=”knob” name=”controlb0062″>
    <MidiMessage address=”#62″ channel=”0″ status=”#B0″/>
    </Control>
    -<Control title=”Control27″ options=”receive public” type=”knob” name=”controlb0006″>
    <MidiMessage address=”#6″ channel=”0″ status=”#B0″/>
    </Control>
    -<Control title=”Control28″ options=”receive public” type=”knob” name=”controlb0026″>
    <MidiMessage address=”#26″ channel=”0″ status=”#B0″/>

THIS makes since considering A&H midi protocol documents say this…
    (NRPN MSB) (NRPN LSB) (Data MSB) (Data LSB)
    BN, 63, CH, BN, 62, ID, BN, 06, VA BN, 26, VX

Pan
    (NRPN MSB) BN, 63, CH, (NRPN LSB) BN, 62, 16, (Data MSB) BN, 06, VA (Data LSB) BN, 26, VX
    Where VA Full Left = 00 to Centre = 25 to Full Right = 4A
    VX 04 , 05, 06, 07 = Mix 5-6, 7-8, 9-10, LR
    VX 0C, 0D = MTX1-2, 3-4 (not Qu-16)

In fact any knob other than the faders I use seem to use these 4 variables.. just different numbers..I can’t find any documentation on this and no support is coming from the forums..

Can anyone give some hints as to how I can rewrite the xml file to only read the pan knob and not all 4 variables? I’m no programmer! Hopefully I can compile an xml file that can be distributed for other A&H QU users..

— Nobody has a clue that I can find..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.