Daw control with Protools

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Daw control with Protools

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of joerg s. joerg s. 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Sparky
    Sparky
    Participant

Is anyone using the SQ6 or other SQ series desk as a control surface with Protools? I would be interested in hearing about your experiences

Profile photo of ianhind
    ianhind
    Participant

Works fine here!

Pro Tools 12, MacBook Pro w/Touch Bar

Profile photo of Matthew D
    Matthew D
    Participant

Are you running Catalina on you Macbook?

Profile photo of Sparky
    Sparky
    Participant

The DAW control works perfectly for about 1.5 hours then the “can’t communicate” message pops up and the daw driver disappears and has to be restarted. Once that happens Protools must be restarted to get the control surface to respond again. It seems to be more of an issue when recording/mixing. Just letting Protools sit idle will not cause the :can’t communicate” message to come on. I,m using Protoola 2020.5 and I know Avid is not supporting the HUI format any longer but they have left the legacy Protol in place or so I,m told. The same issue happens with the SQ6 on 3 different computers so it doesn’t appear to be hardware related.

Profile photo of joerg s.
    joerg s.
    Participant

Also had the problem above several times.
    But what I really miss is touch sensitivity of the faders during mixdown for writing automation data. Faders realize a touch only if there is a fader movement.
    So here is my question: Are the faders really touch sensitive as used from other, normal controllers like Mackie MCU, Avid Artist or similar?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.