Daw control crash with Cubase

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu DAW integration Daw control crash with Cubase

This topic contains 16 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mattarellox
    Mattarellox
    Participant

My daw works on windows 10, cubase 10 Artist and QU16. After some minutes of work Daw Control crashes and then cubase crashes too.
    I’ve tried to work without Daw Control and there is no problem.
    I’ve set Daw Control like Mackie control and works in two midi channels like this video

All is updated at last version.
    Any suggestion?

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Mattarellox,

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the DAW Control Driver?

I’ve not come across this behaviour before, so if reinstalling the driver doesn’t solve the problem, please go to support.allen-heath.com and start a support ticket for assistance.

Thanks
    Alex

Mattarellox
    Participant

Yes i’ve tried. I’ve tried also to reinstall all programm in a clean installation of w10.

Mattarellox
    Participant

Update, I’ve tried another computer and Reaper instead Cubase. The problem still remain the same, Daw Control closes itself after some minute of work.

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@mattarellox

Have you found a web site with a good list of all the things you need to do to clean up win10 so it would work with audio?
    Until you fix win10 and its bizarro initial set up and defaults do not look for AH gear or DAW to be the problem. Most sites are just too focused on the few problems that most users have who use all microsoft sound not DAWs and other enhancements.

From deletion of new files to drivers abruptly stopping, windows users are literally facing havoc on their computers. Moreover, the situation was getting so severe that Microsoft was forced to pull the October 2018 update before it disappoints any other Windows 10 users. And that update was followed by this 2019 Update that has started to become the same bug-filled minefield that was the October 2018 Update (v1809). After the disastrous release of Windows 10 version 1809, Microsoft had promised to overhaul its testing processes and focus on stability and performance of the operating system.

There may be later updates but I stopped using win10 and dont do updates anymore.

I have found hidden settings in unexpectedly causing things to stop working on my win10. After googling and fixing the bizarro defaults it works much better. Still a POS for audio and most anything useful as win10 is a social media toy now.

Your problem sounds like it is memory related or driver problems. But there could also be interaction with the default audio stuff that win tries to do to ‘help’ you. Possibly you need to change the codec; as well as bypass windoze attempts at doing audio. And there is certainly the possibility that the ‘helpful’ hidden defaults are the problem.

I am moving my box to Linux to avoid the hassles of microslops OPSYS.

Mattarellox
    Participant

I’m not agree, I use Windows from many years and thi is the first time that one program close itself. I thing is a specific issue with this Daw Control

volounteer
    Participant

@mattarellox

ROTFLMAO
    I have been bit many times by windoze but almost all the problems were with win10 itself.

Just because you have not had problems YET does not mean that win10 is not out to get you.

What is the specific issue with DAW control if you are so sure it is the DAW ?
    Win10 buffers, cache, drivers, codec, and other random gotchas could be your problem.

Do come back and let us know when you have it fixed what the problem really was.

Mattarellox
    Participant

If i knew what the problem is i wouldn’t be here.
    I’m here because I need assistance from the official A&H support.

volounteer
    Participant

@mattarellox

you only need AH support for AH problems

All you seem to know is that you have a problem

I noted that win10 causes LOTS of problems especially with audio usage.
    How do you know it is not the DAW itself or interaction with win10?

So do you know it is an AH problem?
    If so more details would help them and other trying to help you.

Mattarellox
    Participant

if you are so sure that the problem is windows give it to me the solution otherwise avoid saying things that do not help me. Thank you

volounteer
    Participant

@Materellox

I know that it is more likely windoze than AH causing the problem.

I do not solve windoze problems. Not anymore, and not even at my consultant rate.

If you are so sure it is AH then give them proof or at least some evidence that it is AH problem.

The battle is not always to the strong.
    The race is not always to the swift.
    But that is the way to bet according to my bookie.
    The problem is much more likely a windoze caused problem.
    Even if you never had one before I have had them.
    And just because you never had one before does not mean that this is not your first of many times having them.

Profile photo of FernandoCaytano
    FernandoCaytano
    Participant

I have the same problem, please help! It’s posible to make some exception for this error in Windows 10?

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Fernando,

This was found to be caused by an issue in the latest version of DAW Control Driver (V1.71). If you uninstall this version and install V1.60 instead, does it solve the problem for you?

Thanks!
    Alex

Mattarellox
    Participant

I’ ve solve with driver v1.60 but you have to select a specific midi driver in controllo panel. If you need to know you have to wait this evening

Mattarellox
    Participant

I don’t know why A&Q don’t solve this problem. They know from many time this issue thank’s to me.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.