Dante VS losing clock sync

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD troubleshooting Dante VS losing clock sync

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of nottooloud nottooloud 5 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of nottooloud
    nottooloud
    Participant

New-to-me GLD80. Firmware 1.6.1, Dante Rev3 running 4.0.4.19. MBP running Virtual Soundcard 4.0.4.
    Dante card set as Preferred master and Enable Sync to External.
    Dante Controller says the computer sync is toggling between locked and unlocked once a minute or so. Not bad enough to mute it, but somethin’ ain’t right. I started with a managed Netgear switch, but it didn’t change when I took the switch and router out, hardwired the laptop to the mixer, and let them autonegotiate IP addresses. Swapped cables, also no change.

Profile photo of Jonathan
    Jonathan
    Participant

It’s not anything wrong with your gear. It’s a glitch with DVS on some Macs. I contacted Dante because I was having the same issue on an iMac. They said they were aware of the issue but that it shouldn’t affect anything on the audio streams. They said to verify that’s what it is, use an external network dongle. Sure enough that fixed it for me. I switched back to the Macs internal NIC and although I’m having the sync issues, it works flawlessly.

nottooloud
    Participant

Dug out a USB dongle, all good. Thanks.

nottooloud
    Participant

Interestingly, a Thunderbolt ethernet dongle has the same issues.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.