Dante to feed audio to Aviom A320?

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions Dante to feed audio to Aviom A320?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of waterclone waterclone 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of waterclone
    waterclone
    Participant

We’re looking to use Aviom units for our musicians so they can mix their own IEMs. My thinking was, instead of the regular 16 channel Aviom Mode, we might be able to use a Dante card to send 32 channels to Aviom A320’s. Would dearly love to have access to 32 channels so we can have keyboards in stereo, backing tracks in stereo etc. Otherwise it’s everything in mono 🙁

Was thinking – GLD 112 to Dante card to Aviom D-400 to Aviom A320’s.

Is that something I can do?

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

The ME-1 will do 40 channels without needing an expansion card.

ME-1

Chris

waterclone
    Participant

Thanks Chris93 🙂

The ME-1’s look great, and yeah, they do everything we’d need… However, my team are keen to future-proof the system just in case we change boards at a later date to – God forbid! – something non-A&H. Aviom, being generic, would be good in this fashion.

Any other thoughts?

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

You can use the ME-1s with MADI, Dante, Waves Soundgrid or Ethersound, via an ME-U hub. You could still use a different console via Dante into an ME-U>ME-1 just as with the D400>A320, but without having to use any extra hardware until then.

If you’re going to have a Dante card in the console anyway then it’s less of a difference, other than the extra 8 channels and the cost of the D400 to convert the Dante to A-Net. ME-1 will take your channel names from the console channels rather than having to type them all in again every time you change your patch, but if you don’t change it much that shouldn’t matter.

Chris

waterclone
    Participant

I’ll take that to my guys.

We may not bother with setting up a Dante network now since we won’t need one if we go with the ME-1’s, but if we jump ship to another console it’s good to know we won’t lose out on our investment!

Thanks again Chris93 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.