Dante sampling rate question

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Dante sampling rate question

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of dcongdon dcongdon 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Desmond74
    Desmond74
    Participant

Hi all, I have a probably dumb question.
    DVS is doing 64 x 64 in 48kHz, if I set the dlive in 96kHz, will the Dante card follow the console sampling rate in 96kHz, or the card could set to 48kHz?
    Thanks in advance.

Desmond

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

it depends on the Dante card

the newer ones can work in 48 and 96 kHz
    the older ones operate in 48kHz only but need an adapter card

Desmond74
    Participant

Hi Steffen. Thanks for reply.
    So, with the newer Dante 128 x 128 card, I can switch the card to 48kHz that providing 64 channels to DVS, and the console remain in 96kHz operation, without sync issue?

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

That is correct.
    The Dante 128 card can be operated in 96 or 48kHz mode, the console will of course always remain at 96kHz.
    There are no problems with this, as this is what the manufacturer intended.

Desmond74
    Participant

Great!! And I assumed the switch at the card (Internal Network Bridge) need to turn ON?

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

in my case this bridge is switched off. but i don’t know right now what its function is. i would have to read up on that first.

Desmond74
    Participant

Thanks Wolfgang, but I am having hard times finding information about the cards.

Profile photo of dcongdon
    dcongdon
    Participant

If you use a cat5e jumper to connect the Dante card to a Dlive network port (with the network bridge switch turned ON), control of the Dante network is ported over GigaAce to all Dlive devices. You can control the Dante network (via Dante Controller) with a computer connected to the network port on any Dlive surface or mixrack in the system.

Desmond74
    Participant

Hey dcongdon, thanks for that information. If I switch it to OFF, I could also connect to the network port on the Dante card and use Dante controller?

dcongdon
    Participant

Correct, control is always available by connecting directly to the card or to the Dante network.

Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

use a cat5e jumper to connect the Dante card to a Dlive network port (with the network bridge switch turned ON)

The purpose of the network bridge is to replace an external cat5e jumper cable. If you use a cable and turn the network bridge on, you will create a network loop that will severely slow down or even stop the network.

– Jeff, A&H

Profile photo of Ben A&H
    Ben A&H

Hi @desmond74

You should have received a printed document with your Dante module detailing the functionality of the card including the network bridge.

If you didn’t receive the paper copy in the box then please let us know. I have attached a PDF copy for your perusal to this message 🙂

Hope that helps.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    dcongdon
    Participant

Thank you for the correction!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.