Dante Question

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Dante Question

This topic contains 19 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 6 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of K08
    K08
    Participant

We have a C3500 and CDM48 on the way and have also ordered a dante card so we can use our current Aviom System fed by Dante. If the Dante card is installed in the surface this will give us the direct outs to send to Aviom but will we also get access to the stage rack sockets on the Dante network or do we need a second Dante card for the stage rack?

Profile photo of Ben A&H
    Ben A&H

@kevanl13

An M-DANTE in the Surface will have access to all system inputs and outputs.

Hope that helps,
    Ben

Profile photo of K08
    K08
    Participant

Thank you Ben. Would this also work if the M-Dante card was in the stage rack? Just want to think through all options and possibilities for installation.

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Yes, the card can be either in the surface or mixrack- you get every possible signal in both.

Profile photo of K08
    K08
    Participant

Great thanks so much.

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

I also put the Dante card into the DM32 mixrack.
    from the “Primary” output I go to a Ubiquiti POE network switch and from there to one of the two network ports of the DM32.

so I can send the signals to a recording computer in the mixrack and to a laptop on the FOH mixer (via the ACE connection and the network sockets on the console). This allows me to make a backup recording at FOH when the show is very important and well paid 😉
    I also use the switch to feed the WLAN antenna via POE and can integrate additional control computers, Audio-Technica 5000 radio receivers and loudspeaker controllers into the network if required.

that works great and so far very reliable.

Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Wolfgang, why Ubiquity and wich?

Profile photo of BILDIC
    BILDIC
    Participant

Hi Wolfgang

You can do it easier – with bridging network

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Wolfgang
    Participant

Hi Steffen, I use a Ubiquiti US-8 60W in the mixrack.
    it can be managed via browser, so that I can easily switch off the access point (Ubiquiti AP AC LR) remotely when I no longer need it.
    for an IP8 the POE power supply of the US8 60W is a bit too weak, here I use the version US-8 150W

@bildic:
    I’m not doing anything else, because I’m routing the Dante signal to the Network port of the mixrack. I’ll just add another switch in between to have more options

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

60W is not too weak to run one IP8.
    I use a Zyxel 70W and run 2 IP8s and two other “af” standard devices on it.

Wolfgang
    Participant

believe me, IP8 is definitely not running on the US-8 60W, I tried that several times.
    that’s why i bought the version US-8 150W, so it works fine.
    but I only have an IP8 to test it.

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

Just double checked.
    The US-8 is not PoE+ 802.3at compliant. So you are correct. No IP8s on this one.
    PoE+ needs 30W max per port, so I was mislead by the 60W. US-8 is PoE 802.3af compliant only (15W per port).

peace out

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

still the question, why Ubiquity?
    Any advantages? Just a matter of taste?

HP, D-Link, TP-Link and Netgear should do it as well, or?

Profile photo of BILDIC
    BILDIC
    Participant

I use only one switch Aruba 2930 on FOH ( near DM32 bridge dante card to network1 and AP Aruba305 to network2 for wifi and redundancy).

When i connect IP8 to port POE (default), IP8 said its under powered. When i set port to 30W – answer was same. When i set to 35W, IP8 start, work fine (from statistics: Pwr reserved 30W, Pwr Draw 4,1W, Priority High).

I Use for FOH 1xCAT5e from DM32 to switch with 2x IP8 and 6x dante devices.

Profile photo of Jay
    Jay
    Participant

Steffen,

If I were to rank them:
    – Ubiquity, Cisco, HP
    – Netgear, D-Link, Cisco(Linksys/Small business)
    – TP-Link

I can’t speak for the Ub switches, but the AP’s are a step above on reliability, scale and management. I have the Pro’s deployed across multiple office floors for the company I work with and they hands-down beat Cisco and others I have worked with.
    – Management is very much enterprise-level that you don’t configure AP’s – you build profiles and assign AP’s to profiles.
    – The latest firmware does a real-time WiFi survey of other AP’s and frequency congestion.
    – Designed to handle congested areas.
    – POE-powered (no separate power cord).
    – Switch my show systems from Engenius to Ubiquity in the next couple months.

Jay

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.