Dante Question

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Dante Question

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Brian Brian 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Demonbreun
    Demonbreun
    Participant

I have a client who has and SQ-7 and an SQ-5. We just replaced their DX168s with DT168s so that we couldink the consoles. This morning was the first use of the updated system and I got a text saying they had lost individual preamp control. I’ll go and troubleshoot tomorrow, but thought I’d ask if anyone had thoughts on what may have happened.

Profile photo of Søren Steinmetz
    Søren Steinmetz
    Participant

What is the setup now?

DT168 connected via Dante card to the SQ7, then S-Link between the two consoles, or do you have Dante card in both consoles?

Anyway in both situations you will only have Preamp control on the console connected to the DX/DT, and only digital trim on the second console.

Profile photo of Hugh
    Hugh
    Participant

This is a classic example of the “Loss Leader” marketing protocol deployed in most all market driven economies. In this case a sonically loaded entry level device has a limited fixed bus architecture that will ultimately lead the more complex set-ups to higher priced, less restrictive gear.
    Over the past two years I have read hundreds of Posts expressing frustration over the fact that this or that function available on the D-Live or Avantis is not possible with their SQ. This should come as no big surprise to anyone that reads with any degree of cognitive skill. This is the primary mission of any entry level device: the amazing truth is A&H provided a lot more “sonic horsepower” with the SQ line than any other brand in the market.
    All of these factors have led me to request a much more flexible small footprint processing controller for those of us that need more function and are willing to pay for the upgrades along with licensing access to all of d-Lives bells and whistles as needed.
    Hugh

Profile photo of Demonbreun
    Demonbreun
    Participant

The current setup is Dante cards in both consoles and everything connected to the network through a router. Had we (or they) known that they were going to build out a Video Suite soon after the initial installation of the SQ-7 We would’ve gone A antis from the beginning. As it stands, we tried to stay budget conscious while still giving them a true split and flexibility.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

I swear I responded to this post yesterday……

Did they install the Allen and Heath DT Preamp Control software? You can find it on the main A&H website.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.