Dante question

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Dante question

This topic contains 18 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jens-Droessler Jens-Droessler 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of pfr
    pfr
    Participant

As the SQ runs at 96 khz, does the dante card also run in 96khz? This would make the system incompatibel with legacy iLive or GLD and many other dante equiped hardware. Can 96 khz be switched to 48 khz in the software of the console or any other way?

Thanks
    Paul

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

As “everything” on the SQ offers SRC, my guess would be that the Dante card can also output 48kHz, maybe even mixed sample rates. Without 48kHz capability, a Dante card would be pretty much useless as most hardware works at 48kHz and doesn’t offer SRC.

Profile photo of Andrien
    Andrien
    Participant

If looking at DLive design, probably they might have 2 cards, one for 48 and one for 96, I think as of now Dante system that support SRC is only Yamaha because it is integrated quite deep on their mixing system.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi pfr,

Yes! The SQ Dante card sample rate can be switched in Dante controller to either 48kHz or 96kHz (64x64ch in either), allowing it to work with current and future Dante networks.

Cheers,

Keith.

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

Andrien, the dLive system obviously does SRC for all ins and outs too, if needed. The Dante card useable on dLive at the moment is the one from iLive, which is 48kHz only, while the dLive is 96kHz. Still, the card works and it does not do the SRC on its own, it is done by the dLive system AFAIK. So I see no reason why the new dLive-native Dante card will be 96kHz only. It will be switchable in the controller, too, like on SQ, I’ m sure.

Profile photo of Zero
    Zero
    Participant

Glad to hear that it also does 96k (in addition to 48), Keith, thanks for confirming. Do we know when we may be seeing that Dante card? It was mentioned that it may be shipping out to dealers soon? I am just chomping at the bit to buy one to use our SQ6s! I am going to literally do a jig when I get it installed and talking to my Dante devices. Thanks!

KeithJ A&H

Hey Zero,

The first few are shipping now, but there is high demand, so the best thing to do is contact your local distributor (https://www.allen-heath.com/where-to-buy/) and they’ll be able to let you know availability.

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of Zero
    Zero
    Participant

Got one on “preorder”. Thanks!

Profile photo of Showtime
    Showtime
    Participant

@keith

Is the firmware 1.21 dante card ready?

Richard

KeithJ A&H

Hi Richard,

No…. but V1.2.2 is! šŸ˜‰
    In fact, that’s the only difference between V1.2.1 and V1.2.2, which is why you won’t find V1.2.1 on the website anymore.

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of Swell
    Swell
    Participant

I finally just ordered one from my local distributor. Excited to put it to work.

Will the new Dante Card have primary and secondary ports for redundancy? Or only 1 port?

Anyone received one yet that can confirm?

Profile photo of Swell
    Swell
    Participant

Just thought Iā€™d let everyone know that Dante I/O cards have officially landed in the US! I just got mine today and will be conducting tests soon.

Profile photo of Swell
    Swell
    Participant

As the Saying goes… It’s not real unless there’s a picture.

I’ve waited so long, I can hardly believe its real. lol

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of titoen
    titoen
    Participant

that’s nice…. real nice!

now about that holder on the upper part of the pic. what is @Swell? and where should i send my money to get one!

KeithJ A&H

Good spot titoen,

That’s the bracket that attaches to the SQ for a smartphone/tablet/book.
    You can order one from your dealer or distributor using the part code ‘SQ-BRACKET’ šŸ™‚

Cheers,
    Keith.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.