Dante – logic – no audio – help!

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive troubleshooting Dante – logic – no audio – help!

This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of dymondaudio dymondaudio 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dymondaudio
    dymondaudio
    Participant

Hi all, I’m struggling to get audio to appear in logic via dante. I have done the following:

Dante card fitted to port b on iDR32
    Outputs 1-64 patched to port b
    Audio sync set to internal

Latest dante card firmware and current dante VSC and Controller
    VSC shows primary port connected with two green lights
    Dante controller sees dante card
    Dante card (transmitter) patched to my macbook (receiver)
    Dante redundancy set to redundant
    Dante card set as clock master (I think)

Logic inputs set to dante VSC in logic audio settings
    New empty project created with mono inputs, input 1, output 1 ascending
    64 channels

no errors in the log, master clock green.

What am I doing wrong?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Leon BigEars A&H
    Leon BigEars A&H

hello
    in Dante device manager set the Dante card fitted to the MixRack to be ‘Preferred Master’ and ‘Sync to external word clock’
    The DVS should only ever be a slave and have no sync preferences checked. Make sure DVS is actually switched on (large button on GUI).

hope that helps

dymondaudio
    Participant

Hi I’ve done that but still no audio appearing in logic.

Attached are a few screenshots of my settings

Attachments:
    dymondaudio
    Participant

settings images

Attachments:
    dymondaudio
    Participant

settings image

Attachments:
    Profile photo of Leon BigEars A&H
    Leon BigEars A&H

Hi there
    sorry to hear that
    I am presuming you have your laptop connected to the Primary Dante port?
    you will have to open an A&H support ticket so the team can assist you
    here is the link to the tech support
    https://allen-heath.helpserve.com/Base/UserRegistration/Register
    office hours are UK 9-5

dymondaudio
    Participant

Yeah, macbook is connected via primary port.

Profile photo of Techolive
    Techolive
    Participant

Hi,
    According to IMG_7092.jpg, I feel IP adress like 169.254.xxx.xxx is not good, I have this IP adress when network is not detected or something else … have a look at this point.

dymondaudio
    Participant

This seems to be resolved now, despite having all ready trying a reboot, I rebooted everything mac/surface/idr and it seems to be working ok. I was only able to test recording a stereo input from an iPhone but it recorded fine. I haven’t tried audio back from logic into the iLive but if it works one way it should work the other I guess (once I’ve patched the transmitter and receiver).

Thanks for the replies.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Your IP addresses show a static IP for the laptop. This should be set to DHCP in order to work with the self discovery protocol in a Dante network. Was this the problem?

dymondaudio
    Participant

I think it was definitely a factor but I’m not sure it was the problem, anyway seems to be resolved now.

However what I can’t work out is how to run dante and editor at the same time? As soon as I set the network settings to DHCP rather than manually, editor no longer sees the rack or surface. I have bridged the network and dante cards but can’t get my head around the ip stuff.

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

That is quite strange- every 1 time of 20 I have to change IP of NIC to automatic, most of times static IP is just fine. There’s also an option to set static IP for Dante module. Haven’t tried myself, but heard that was working.

ddff

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

To use Dante and Editor on the same network, set the Dante card to a static IP address compatible with the iLive network, for example 192.168.1.10 and reboot the card. This is done in Dante Controller. Set your laptop to another compatible static IP, for example 192.168.1.100. Assuming your iLive system is on the default factory IP addresses. Now if you bridge the iLive Network into the first port on the Dante card, and connect your laptop to the Primary port, you should be able to see both the MixRack and the Dante card.

Make sure you never run Dante multicast streams in this configuration, as that might saturate the Fast Ethernet iLive Network.

Hope this helps.

dymondaudio
    Participant

“To use Dante and Editor on the same network, set the Dante card to a static IP address compatible with the iLive network, for example 192.168.1.10 and reboot the card. This is done in Dante Controller. Set your laptop to another compatible static IP, for example 192.168.1.100”

Doing this made editor ‘see’ the i-DR but dante stopped working and the controller couldn’t seem to detect the card properly or allow me to change any settings, route audio etc. there seemed to be a clock issue but would not let me access any settings. When I changed my wireless settings back to auto ip dante started working again but editor could no longer ‘see’ the i-DR.

I’m running mac OS 10.10.1 and have the latest version of editor, dante controller, dante vsc and firmware installed.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.