Dante issue in Letterbox

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting Dante issue in Letterbox

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ddff_lv ddff_lv 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

Hi folks, anyone else had issues with their Dante cards in the desk not recognising since 1.4? I’m in discussions with another operator having the same issue as me – card works fine (in an iLive or GLD), but put it in the dLive & you can see it in Dante controller, but it won’t recognise or work with the desk… the other op found he could make it work if it was in the 1st slot of the rack, but not the desk (I’ve tried mine in 2 different dLive consoles, no joy).

Profile photo of Jay
    Jay
    Participant

DM64, S-5000, 1.41

I was running with my Dante card in Slot 4 this last Saturday for a handful of I/O, no issues.

A random item to check – is your Dante network set to sync to the desk with both “master” and “ext clock” check boxes marked on the card in the console? I’ve been on 2 different systems now that didn’t have “ext clock” marked and the Dante had clicks that were just “ignored” because the clocks weren’t locked – 1.4x may have disabled audio if clock is slipping.

My rig is out on a rental for 4 weeks, so any additional testing is out for the moment.

Jay

Profile photo of Neakmenter
    Neakmenter
    Participant

Also just worth a check that your Dante card has the latest firmware also?

Profile photo of scruffyd
    scruffyd
    Participant

Another thing to check from DANTE controller, what samplerate is the DANTE card set to? This can have been changed in another surface for example.

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Is this problem persistent or irregular?

ddff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.