Dante input squeals

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive troubleshooting Dante input squeals

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of bobpal bobpal 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of bobpal
    bobpal
    Participant

I have an A&H iLive with a T112 surface, iDR48 and a xDR16 with a Dante card in it. We have been using it to record to both a Macbook with Logic and a older, 32 channel JoeCo recorder with a Dante input. Everything works great.

I need to train some new operators so I thought I would try the virtual sound check capability. I have tracks that were recorded on the JoeCo that I am playing back into the iLive. When I am playing everything works like it should.

The problem happens when I stop playback. Random channels, at least that’s what it seems like, go to peak with a really bad squeal. The JoeCo is just sitting there but if I turn it off the squeal goes away.

Does anyone have any idea why this happens? It makes it impossible to use. I am also trying to get an answer from JoeCo.

Profile photo of bobpal
    bobpal
    Participant

I figured it out. I had Dante patched both inputs and outputs from the JoeCo. That caused a path for a feedback loop. I unmatched the inputs to the JoeCo and the problem went away.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.