Dante FW Update Manager Install Fails

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive troubleshooting Dante FW Update Manager Install Fails

This topic contains 14 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Loloverde Loloverde 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Patrick
    Patrick
    Participant

My Dante card currently has FW 3.4.15 and I would like to update it to the latest version. I downloaded version 1.3.2 of the Dante FW Update Manager but when I install it I get the following error message:

0x800b0101 – A required certificate is not within its validity period when verifying against the current system clock or the timestamp in the signed file.

I have also attached the error log from the installer.

This happened on two computers (both running Win7 x64) and the installer was downloaded separately on both machines. The same error was observed when installing the current version of the Update Manager (V1.4.5.7). Any ideas on what could be wrong?

-Patrick

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of dcongdon
    dcongdon
    Participant

We had a similar experience. While updating our dante card from 3.4.x up to 3.6.4 and then to 3.7.0, we had inconsistent results with the firmware updater on a mac and pc. The first update (with updater 1.3.2 for mac) would not recognized the card. We had to click the button to recognized all devices on the network and then selecting our card. The first update flashed and began updating. Then when we used the current firmware updater and 3.7.0, it would flash the card and then freeze. We tried it on a Windows 8 pc and our Mavericks Macbook. I did not look at our log, so I’m not sure if the error is the exact same as yours. We finally downloaded all software and firmware updates again, restarted the DVS and the macbook. After doing this, the update software properly flashed and updated the card.

I wish we had more information about the update failure. I respond to your post only to say we had a similar experience and eventually found a solution after a clean download and power cycle. We never got it to work on our PC, but the macbook did work eventually.

Best of luck.

Profile photo of Patrick
    Patrick
    Participant

Thanks,

Actually, I was able to resolve the installation problem today. I simply set my system clock back to 2013 and the Update Manager installed without issue. I wonder if the installer needs to be updated…

Unfortunately, I’ve run into more issues. On my first laptop when it tries to search the network for the Dante card it fails with the following error:

Error starting browse: DNS-SD system failed:
    (0x000c=DNSSDFAIL)

I then tried a second laptop which was able to find the Dante card on the network. However, when I attempt to flash the card it fails with the simple message “All devices failed to upgrade”. The last status message I see before I get this error is “Updating (1/1): Get File”.

So, slightly closer but still no FW update yet…

-Patrick

Profile photo of Patrick
    Patrick
    Participant

Ok, I finally fixed my problem. I’ll post the solutions here in case anyone has similar issues:

As mentioned previously, the Dante FW Update Manager would not install unless I set my PC’s clock back to 2013. Then, my issue was that when the update manager would search for the Dante card on the network, I would get a “DNS-SD System Failed” error and it would not be able to find the card. I found out that the DNS-SD service is a special service written by Apple and provided by a software package called Bonjour. Once I installed Bonjour for Windows, the update manager could see my Dante Card.

My final issue was the update failing after performing the “Get” operation. I resolved this by using a proper Gigabit switch rather than connecting directly between my laptop and the Dante card or using a wireless router. I had hoped that I would not need the switch since I only had two devices, but it appears to be necessary in this case.

Anyway, hope this might help someone in the future.

-Patrick

Profile photo of CPAC
    CPAC
    Participant

Replying in the hopes that this will help someone else.

Was having nearly the same error with Dante Firmware Update Manager while trying to update a BSS/Harmon Soundweb BLU-326.
    The updater would show:
    “Updating (1/1): Get File”. then “Error: download error” with a popup saying “All devices failed to upgrade”.

Ultimately it seems that Windows Firewall was the problem. Temporarily disabled the firewall and the update went right through! It would be really helpful if the Dante FUM offered any useful error messages, logs or troubleshooting help. I also connected through a switch, but that did not help on its own.

BLU-326 (now the BLU-326DA).
    Manufacturer: Harman International
    Model Name: Soundweb London
    Product Version: 1.0.0
    Software Version: 1.0.0
    Firmware Version: 1.0.2013.424

Original firmware:
    Dante Model: Brooklyn II
    Dante Firmware Version: 3.6.4.16
    Hardware Version: 3.4.2.8
    ROM/Boot version: 1.3.25

Here are versions listed after the successful update and a reboot of the Dante Card. The reboot option is offered in the last section of the Dante Controller Dante Updater 2.0.3 utility under “CONSULT MANUFACTURER”

Product Version: 1.2.0
    Software Version: 1.0.0
    Firmware Version: 1.7.2018.510

Original firmware:
    Dante Model: Brooklyn II
    Dante Firmware Version: 4.0.7.8
    Hardware Version: 4.0.2.7
    ROM/Boot version: 1.3.64

I wouldn’t have even gotten this far if not for the helpful info and device discovery tool on the KLANG site: https://klang.com/blog/reset-dante/ tool link: https://www.klang.com/assets/files/KLANG_DanteDiscovery_V1.0.zip
    This gave the static IP info, which after setting our network adapter to match the subnet, allowed for connection to the unit.

We were starting with a used box that had a static ip address configured. Neither London or Audio Architect would offer the ip address of the Dante card, even though there are parameters for that. They just returned “not connected” or “inactive”. I should note that after upgrading the Dante card firmware, the parameters NOW show the correct values.

Good luck out there. I’m just starting on the Dante journey, and so far it’s amazing when it works, and maddening when it doesn’t.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

hmmm
    your information is not related to this forum

Profile photo of CPAC
    CPAC
    Participant

While it’s true that the Dante card I was fighting with was not in A&H gear, the problems I was facing seemed to be related:
    Trying to upgrade Dante firmware from ~3.6 and receiving the same error as @patrick in the above post 43477.

It’s my understanding that from the Dante side of our gear we are all using Audinte’s HW/SW. So a problem with a Brooklyn II card inside of A&H gear is going to be fairly similar to if not the same as it being inside a BSS/Harman box.

Hopefully this will help someone else, regardless of what gear they own.

Profile photo of IraBob
    IraBob
    Participant

your information is not related to this forum

Maybe not, but it’s still valuable info and I hope the sysop leaves it up. Very helpful. Thanks for posting it CPAC.

And CPAC: Soundweb is so 20th Century. I’m surprised your boxes are still working! I have access to 8 of them, if you need spare parts.

SteffenR
    Participant

older Dante firmware updater are highly hardware related
    not to the Dante side only…

I did some Dante Updates in summer to my M-DANTE card
    could not find any related Updater on the Audinate site

everything needed was provided from A&H (except Dante Controller)
    but ended up with not working Dante Card at all…
    now I have a new Brooklyn II module in my card

long story… what I was trying to say is,
    it is better to contact the vendor of the device as contacting Audinate

Profile photo of Loloverde
    Loloverde
    Participant

Hi Steffen

So you updated the hardware, because the new software wasn’t working?
    Where did you purchase the new Brooklyn bridge?

bye
    Rainer

SteffenR
    Participant

Hi Rainer,

I contacted Audio Technica Germany directly, send the card to service there and they let the service partner replace the module.

Loloverde
    Participant

Thanks for the quick answer. How much did it cost?

SteffenR
    Participant

around 500€ transport and german taxes included

Loloverde
    Participant

I think I try a downgrade. It run smoothley with 3.4.15.

Loloverde
    Participant

For the record: It wasn’t the new software that made the clicks. It was a wrong setting.
    If fixed it after reading this thread:

dLive Dante recording noise

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.