Dante for outputs and recording?

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions Dante for outputs and recording?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Rick Rick 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of steverino
    steverino
    Participant

Assuming I can use the Dante card in the GLD for some remote outputs, am I still able to use a laptop with the Dante Virtual Soundcard to do a full multitrack recording? Anything I need to be aware of?

Thanks.

— Steve

Profile photo of beartech
    beartech
    Participant

I use a Dante card on my GLD-112 into a Mac Mini with ProTools 12. it works very well. I think the card will do 64 I/O’s but depending on the version of ProTools you by it may be limited to something less than 64.

Profile photo of Mrvoltz
    Mrvoltz
    Participant

Yes you can split to multiple devices. If the card is set to switch mode, you can plug 2 devices into the card, they receive the same list of channels, if you need more just take one of the sockets to a Gigabit switch to send it to multiple devices.

Profile photo of Rick
    Rick
    Participant

Hello all. I see that stereo recording to USB is 16bit. What is the bit rate for recording to a DAW via the M-DANTE card? I can’t locate this info in any of the GLD documents. Thanks.

Profile photo of Rick
    Rick
    Participant

Anybody????

Profile photo of Mrvoltz
    Mrvoltz
    Participant

Here is a link to the Dante site with the info you want.
    https://www.audinate.com/products/software/dante-virtual-soundcard

Profile photo of Rick
    Rick
    Participant

Thanks. I’d already researched this site and understand the specs for the card just not sure if the board supported 24 bit recording given the complete absence of any specs regarding resolution. The specs provide sample rate but not resolution so trying to get some clarification from those with experience with the board.

Profile photo of Mrvoltz
    Mrvoltz
    Participant

I’m pretty sure I am currently recording 48Khz 24 bit but will double check for you. Also Dante has a 25% off Sale right now for about 2 weeks.

Profile photo of Rick
    Rick
    Participant

Thanks…much appreciated!

Profile photo of Mrvoltz
    Mrvoltz
    Participant

Hey Rad,
    I looked at the files I recorded last week and they are 48kHz 32bit.

Profile photo of Rick
    Rick
    Participant

Thanks Mrvoltz, good news!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.