Dante Card with Different IP?

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting Dante Card with Different IP?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of AlexHammond
    AlexHammond
    Participant

So, we had a power outage recently, and as a result, some of our IP addresses reset. Our Dlive devices are all working fine, but our Dante network stopped working. Upon investigation, the IP addresses of seem all mixed up.

Our S7000 has a 10.200… IP address, which is correct.
    The dante card (I/0 port 4) has a 192.168 IP address

If I set the recording computer to a 192.168, the devices connect over dante (green checkmarks and everything), but I get no audio.
    If I change the computer to 10.200 dante won’t connect properly.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

The audio computer only needs to talk to Dante. When you are referring to the dLive network, I am assuming the control network, which is used to remote control the dLive only and does not pass any audio. The audio comes from Dante, so double-check your patching in the dLive’s patchbay to make sure channels are being routed to the Dante card.

——————————————————————————-
    On the side, but not related to audio issues:

Are your dLive and Dante on the same network? If not, then the addresses

must be

in different subnets. If so, it is likely that dLive is using a STATIC address and Dante DHCP. Since the Dante cards have a 192.168.x.x address, this suggests that they are getting those addresses from a router or some other device with an embedded DHCP server on the network. If Dante is used on a network without DHCP, it will self-assign addresses in a different range than 192.168., or 10.x..

If your dLive and Dante ports are both plugged into the same network you can do either of these things.
    1) Configure the router to assign addresses in the same subnet as the dLive. CAUTION: Make sure that the DHCP address pool in the router DOES NOT INCLUDE the same addresses as the dLive or other devices are using. Each address must be unique to a single device.

2) Connect a laptop to the same router as the Dante network is plugged into, and use Dante Controller to configure the IP addresses. Generally this is not needed on Dante, and the default setting of DHCP works in most situations.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

So, we had a power outage recently, and as a result, some of our IP addresses reset. Our Dlive devices are all working fine, but our Dante network stopped working. Upon investigation, the IP addresses of seem all mixed up.

this suggests that something is not ideal configured in your system
    a power outage should not lead to such a situation

I guess there is something part of your network that defines the IP adresses
    and this device could be the problem

What is your computer doing in this scenario? Only Recording? Or should it control the dLive as well?

If it is possible, setup a network only for DANTE,
    without any unneeded(does this word exist, looks strange) devices such as access points or routers

and remember if the DANTE system changed it could take up to 20 minutes to reconfigure the system by itself
    this depends on the system

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.